Tuesday, March 31, 2009

where can you find this shadow pattern?



a certain building or structure will cast this shadow on the ground. i remember taking this photograph in the morning, at around 9.00 a.m.


you see, when i go for my walk, i not only look up and look around, i also look down. that's very important because there had been more than one instance when i could have stepped on a snake or a scorpion.


but, these days, i have to learn to look far. look at the horizon. look for mountains in the distance.


so, where can you find the structure that casts a shadow with this pattern?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting. Again we need hints.

Chun See

yg said...

it's a flat standing structure.

stanley said...

After much scratching on my head, I still have no answer!

ordinary guy said...

Its something that is located along a path. A path lined with shrubs on both sides. At 9am, the shadow cast on the ground is slanted. Peculiar thing is that further up the path has overhead cover probably from the canopy of trees while this particular area is exposed to sunlight where the shadow is cast. The shadow seems to suggest angular, uniform structure. Could it be a pedestrian overhead bridge?

yg said...

it is something peculiar to one place only; they are not found at other parks and definitely not on the roadside.

Ivy said...

Sungei Buloh... it's that wooden frame that over looks some water body.. I THINK... do I get a prize if I'm right?

yg said...

vee, family members are not eligible to take part in this quiz. okay, you get one bottle of murukku.

Lam Chun See said...

Oh yes, I have seen this before. They are meant for people to view the birds right? How thoughtful to have the 'windows' at different heights.

Seen This Scene That said...

I once used this 'shield with windows' at Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve to support my camera for photo-taking, without much success. The birds probably spotted me better than I could spot them. haha.

yg said...

hi seenthisscenethat, i go to sungei buloh to look at other things, other than the birds.